This week we have:
- continued to work through strategies for reading and comprehending nonfiction. We've learned about diagrams, captions, glossaries, tables of contents, and parenthesis.
- created our own nonfiction books during Writing Workshop. As we learn more about nonfiction, we write it better. Be on the lookout for more of our books on the blog soon!
- finished working with regrouping in subtraction and learning to do problems with more than one step.
- practiced adding and subtracting (and even some multiplication) every morning for our morning work. We're noticing we are getting MUCH faster at this!
- been keeping up with the Olympics and the medal count. Go Team USA!
- Today I sent home NWEA reports (thanks for the reminder that I forgot to send them, Kassy!). Be on the lookout for those and please let me know what questions you have. They aren't the be-all, end-all, but they do give us helpful information to add to our collection. :)
- New spelling words will come home on Monday. Sorry for all the confusion...since I work in small groups or one-on-one with the kids on spelling, I have a hard time feeling good about testing them when we haven't had a full week of school. So hopefully next week will be back to normal!