- We finished up our study of long vowel sounds and moved on to prefixes. Now we know that "pre__" means "before" and "dis__" means "not or opposite of". We're learning to analyze long words using a prefix and base word.
- We finished taking our NWEA test in the computer lab and the results are in: WE ARE AWESOME! The data for your child was either given to you at conferences last night or is coming home in your child's backpack today.
- We are continuing to memorize addition facts and are learning some basic multiplication as well. Yesterday we learned how place value (tens and ones) relates to dimes and pennies. Soon we'll be counting money!
- We did surgery on a VERY unhealthy sentence this week...we needed ALL our doctors' tools, but we managed to put our patients back together quite nicely.
Things to be watching for next week:
- We have a field trip to Kercher's Orchard in Goshen on Tuesday, October 21st. Permission slips and parent information will be coming home soon.
- An individualized spelling list was sent home with your student today. We'll work on this in small groups in class, and the test will be next Friday, October 10th.
- Math grades are in Harmony now. I was having technical difficulties with that!
- Fall Break is Thursday, October 23rd and Friday, October 24th. Enjoy that long weekend!
- We'll be having a Fall Party on Friday, October 31st (Halloween). You will be hearing from Mrs. Harris and me soon with details!