This week we have:
- started to share reading lives with our reading buddies. We've learned that reading buddies can make us have GREAT reading lives that will last forever!
- worked in our Writers Notebooks. We made maps of our hearts, favorites places...check it out here.
- played lots of fun games to learn about telling time to the hour and half hour. We're beginning to learn what times of day we do things as well.
- celebrated friendships and learned how to be good friends.
- If you ordered book order books, they will arrive early next week.
- Next Thursday is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. We'll be having a jolly good time, and if your child would like to dress up as a pirate for the day, we'd LOVE it!!! (no weapons, please).
- Next Friday is the Walk-A-Thon. Pledges are due Monday. Second grade will be walking from 12:30-1:00, then everyone will be outside for a 2:00 teacher race! Please come if you'd like!
- Still no spelling tests yet, only word work. It doesn't always come home, though, because often we do word work in the form of manipulating word cards, using markerboards, magnetic letters, etc. I'll let you know if there's a concern.