- tried to memorize numbers that make ten, like 2 and 8, 6 and 4, etc.
- started noticing the shapes of words and learned how to make a reasonable guess by answering our own question of "Does that look right?".
- finished up our study of long and short vowels, including two vowels together making the first vowel sound and sneaky e at the end of words.
- brought our writing home today to show you. Next week we're starting personal narratives (stories that happened to us).
- finished reading James and the Giant Peach together.
Things to keep in mind:
- The Walk-A-Thon is coming soon, and we'll send more information about that as we get closer. If you'd like to volunteer that day, please let me know!
- I'm still assessing spelling and word work to decide where students need to focus their spelling pattern work. Thanks for being so patient! I'm hoping to have spelling lists come home next week and have our first test on Friday, September 19th.