- where there were ogres and goblins (Maddy)
- into a haunted house with vampires, a monster dog, and zombies and bats and goblins (Gavin)
- a haunted house with spiders and scary animals (Beau)
- with Junie B. Jones when she lost her tooth (Kendra)
- a place where a little girl saw a mummy (Elizabeth)
- with Harry Potter and saw people (Avery)
- with Fantastic Mr. Fox to his farm (Mark)
- with some horses (Mya)
a day in the life of a superkiddo action in pictures all about authors purpose backgrounds captions character dress characters colors commas connections covers details details in pictures determining importance Dialogue drafting drawing people ellipses endings epilogue favorite authors favorite books fiction Fun stuff we do genres grammar study happy birthday Healthy sentences historical fiction holidays how-to illustration study inferring inside/outside of things Internet sites junior achievement kids' posts kinds of thinking letters maps math med school Mo Willems Mrs. Overman mystery newsletters Nonfiction perspective pictures across pages Poetry positioning perspective Power Up punctuation study quotation marks readers notebooks reading workshop realistic pictures retelling review/opinion writing safety schema setting show don't tell showing two sides of a space slice of life spelling Spread spreads student book student post surprise ending Taiwan teachers things readers do things writers do time passing Tweeps voice Where is Mrs. Overman? words across pages writers notebooks Writing Celebration writing celebrations writing ideas writing workshop zoom in zoom out
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Reading Takes Us Places!
Where did you go today during reading?