- had our first writing celebration! Yay!
- worked on what writers do to make their books fancy for publishing, like editing, revising what doesn't make sense, and adding words to pictures.
- took our NWEA (computer tests). Hopefully the information on how we did will be ready by next week so Mrs. Overman can let you know.
- started our writers' notebooks. We even wrote an entry outside and then took a hike in the woods!
Things to remember for next week:
- Please be sure your child has clean shoes for P.E. This helps keep our gym floor nice.
- Boomerang Backpack program started today. Please be sure to return your child's Boomerang backpack MONDAY.
- If you'd like to send in a snack to share with everyone, we'd love it! Thanks to those who have done that already. :) It's such a treat!
Spelling words for next week:
I have had many parents ask, "Where are the spelling words?" They are always on the blog in our newsletter for the week (which I also print out and send home), but they also come home (almost) every day in the form of a worksheet that the kids have done for morning work.
We have two field trips (one to Doud's Orchards and one to Koinonia Environmental Learning Center) and Fall Break coming up in October. More information to come, but here are websites you can visit to get a sneak peek at where we'll be going: