- Makensie: When I went to Hawaii, I saw a dolphin.
- Dylan: I saw bubbles in a book and I see bubbles a lot.
- Elizabeth: When the dog got hurt in my book it was sad. It reminded me of my dog who died.
- Nick: When I was reading about the worm, it reminded me of when we read it because his teacher was so silly.
- Beau: The map we're making about the Solar System--I made a connection. When I read about the Milky Way, it reminds me of Dora...when my sister watches it. We saw the Milky Way on there.
- Maddy: I had a connection because my cat chases mice and in the book it had a cat chasing mice.
a day in the life of a superkiddo action in pictures all about authors purpose backgrounds captions character dress characters colors commas connections covers details details in pictures determining importance Dialogue drafting drawing people ellipses endings epilogue favorite authors favorite books fiction Fun stuff we do genres grammar study happy birthday Healthy sentences historical fiction holidays how-to illustration study inferring inside/outside of things Internet sites junior achievement kids' posts kinds of thinking letters maps math med school Mo Willems Mrs. Overman mystery newsletters Nonfiction perspective pictures across pages Poetry positioning perspective Power Up punctuation study quotation marks readers notebooks reading workshop realistic pictures retelling review/opinion writing safety schema setting show don't tell showing two sides of a space slice of life spelling Spread spreads student book student post surprise ending Taiwan teachers things readers do things writers do time passing Tweeps voice Where is Mrs. Overman? words across pages writers notebooks Writing Celebration writing celebrations writing ideas writing workshop zoom in zoom out