Friday, March 23, 2012

Slice of Life: Mrs. Overman's Random Thoughts.

It's such a rainy day today. There are days where I have no idea what to write, but I write anyway. I tell my kids to "write anyway," so I better do it too.


It cracks me up how teachers often say, "I can't teach writing because I'm not a writer. I don't like writing." Just do it. Just write. You'll learn right beside them, even if you think you won't. And you'll gain more sympathy for those kids that drive you nuts spending 15 minutes "thinking" and 2 minutes writing.


It's raining. I miss the sunshine and warm temperatures. We've been so spoiled with 80 degrees lately, although by evening it's so hot (and I'm so pregnant) that it's not really that great.


6 weeks from today starts my maternity leave! Then we'll have Brenna! Wow. Time flies. I try not to wish away anything, but I'm really ready to meet her for many reasons. Her room is so far from ready, it's actually making me (the procrastinator of certain things) nervous...she might just be sleeping in the cradle after all....eek!


We're headed to Indy tonight for our nephew's birthday party. Sounds like a good time to us!


I'm ready for a nap. I wonder what the kids would do if I actually did fall asleep? There's a mental image for you! Although I have a feeling a few of them would fall asleep too.


My friend has an ultrasound today to find out what baby #3 is. I need to be sure to send her a message.


Getting pics taken for the back cover of our book is about the last thing I want to do right now...I feel so bloated and all that, but it must be done! Yikes!


Happy Friday, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment